He vanished into thin air in July 2013, leaving his family, wife and young children, in anguish. Some letters had been found in his home in Imola in which he implied that he would commit suicide. But Adamo Guerra, now 55 years old, a housewares representative originally from Lugo, is alive and has been tracked down after ten years by a crew of ‘Who has seen it?’, which in yesterday’s episode 20 September told his story . Guerra was in Greece, where he may have been for the entire ten years. “Hello mum and dad, I don’t have many words to say, but unfortunately everything has always gone badly. And now the time has come to put an end to it. I will try to do at least this last step well to save you the pain of a funeral. I recommend just one the most important thing: give a hand to Raffaella and the girls. I didn’t fully succeed”, wrote the man in the letters before simulating suicide. A week after his disappearance, the police recovered the car parked near the port of Ancona. It turned out that Guerra had purchased a ticket to board a ferry leaving for Patras on July 9. The Prosecutor’s Office closed the investigation in 2015, supporting the hypothesis of voluntary removal.
Traced to Greece in 2022
“I thought he had thrown himself down,” Guerra’s ex-wife, shocked after discovering the truth, said last night on Rai Tre. The turning point, as always told by the woman, came a few months ago, when she presented the divorce paperwork. “The lawyer called me telling me that my husband was not a missing person, but is alive, he applied to the Aire in February 2022 to be an Italian citizen resident in Greece”. The man was then tracked down by an envoy from Who has seen it. Hence the ex-wife’s bewilderment. “Ten years is a long time, your head is always there because you always have hope”, concluded Guerra’s ex-wife. “When they call you a person disappears , you enter a tunnel whose end you cannot see. For me he is not a man and he is not a father.”